Διαβάστε αυτό το ποστ στα ελληνικά.
My year in books, as presented by Goodreads
Goodreads goal: 80 – I read 132
Languages -> English: 118 – Greek: 12 – Swedish: 2
Format -> ebooks: 102 – print: 30
79 authors, out of which:
- Women: 61, men: 17, nonbinary: 1
- 22 people of color out of which 19 women
Fiction/short fiction: 8
The year’s Top 10, in no particular order
- The Dispossessed – Ursula K. Le Guin
- The Shadowed Sun – N.K. Jemisin
- A Tale for the Time Being – Ruth Ozeki
- Fingersmith – Sarah Waters
- The Power – Naomi Alderman
- Binti: The Night Masquerade – Nnedi Okorafor
- In the Vanishers’ Palace – Aliette de Bodard
- Seven Summer Nights – Harper Fox
- Band Sinister – KJ Charles
- Η κοιλάδα της λάσπης – Ιωάννα Μπουραζοπούλου
In recent years I’ve discovered romance novels and I read them voraciously. These books dominated my reading for 2018 since I needed to read happy and comforting things, books that kept my attention and made me think, but I could always count on a happy ending. I read many many books by many authors and I thought I’d recommend a few favorites.
- KJ Charles: super super favorite, I’ve read all her books and they are gorgeous. She writes historical and paranormal m/m romances. Recs: The Charm of Magpies, Society of Gentlemen and Sins of the Cities series as well as Wanted, A Gentleman and Band Sinister (came out in 2018 and I adored it).
- Cat Sebastian: she also writes historical m/m romance and her books are delightful. I can recommend Unmasked by the Marquess that came out in 2018, as well as the Turner series.
- Talia Hibbert: British author, a revelation for 2018. She writes mainly contemporary romance with black women protagonists and adorable cinnamon roll heroes. I’ve read most of her books and she never disappoints. Recs: Wanna Bet?, Undone by the Ex-con, A Girl Like Her, Mating the Huntress.
- Other favorite authors: Courtney Milan, Alyssa Cole
And some of my favorite romance novels/novellas that I read in 2018
- Salt Magic, Skin Magic – Lee Welch
- True Pretenses – Rose Lerner
- Christmas at the Wellands – Liz Jacobs (I also really liked her Abroad: Book 1)
- Tikka Chance on Me – Suleikha Snyder
- The Remaking of Corbin Wale – Roan Parrish
- Hexbreaker – Jordan L. Hawk
My goals for 2019:
- Reduce my TBR
- Read more books in Greek and Swedish
- Read more nonfiction, poetry, classics, genres I don’t usually go for
- Read more books from non English-speaking countries
- Read more authors of color
- Fix and organize my shelves on Goodreads